Advances in Data Science 2017
More than 200 delegates came from around the world to Advances in Data Science 2017, a two-day conference two-day meeting to present recent developments in data science, with a focus on advanced analytics (machine learning, Bayesian statistics, scalable algorithms), privacy, visualisation, software and diverse applications. Speakers include leading data scientists from industry and academia.
The conference was organised by the newly founded University of Manchester Data Science Institute led by Professor Magnus Rattray. The aim is to use this event as a national launch to situate itself amongst other leading academic Data Science Institute’s such as Cambridge, Oxford, UCL & Warwick.
- Mark Girolami, Imperial College London and The Alan Turing Institute
- Raia Hadsell, DeepMind
- Zoubin Ghahramani, University of Cambridge and Uber AI
- Yves-Alexandre de Montjoye, Imperial College London
- Borja de Balle Pigem, Amazon Research
- Ruth King, University of Edinburgh
- Gaël Varoquaux, INRIA
- Sophie Sparkes, Tableau Software
- Caroline Jay, University of Manchester
- Idris Eckley, Lancaster University
- David van Dyk, Imperial College London
- Niall Robinson, Met Office