Wellcome Institutional Strategic Support Fund ‘Sandpits’
This year we have hosted two Wellcome Institutional Strategic Support Fund ‘Sandpit’ events, followed by a funding call for Biomedical AI proposals.
Causal Inference in Biomedical Research – 25th January 2022
At this event the following tutorials and talks were given. These can be viewed below.
- Matt Sperrin – Causal Inference Tutorial
- Ricardo Silva – ‘New Algorithms for Estimating Partially Identified Causal Effects’
- Hui Guo – ‘Bayesian Mendelian randomization: a flexible approach to causal inference using omics data’.
Multi-modal Data Integration with Biomedical Applications – 21st April 2022
At this event, two invited speakers gave 30 min talks and thirteen sandpit attendees gave 4min lightening talks. These can be viewed below.
30 min talks
- Harri Lähdesmäki – Deep generative modelling: multi-modal, longitudinal and missing data
- Carl Ek – Latent Variable Models for Multi-modal data
- Robert Sellers – A reductive Method for Spatial – omics integration
- Stephen Richardson – Machine Learning ivd biomarker
- Syed Murtuza Baker – Molecular profiling of signet ring cells using ST and snATAC-seq
- Sokratia Georgaka – Integration of spatial trancriptomics and histology image data
- Megan Sharpes – Modelling cellular developmental trajectories using single cell and spatial transcriptomic data
- Sophie Warrie – Machine learning for EHR and genetics data
- Harry Chown – Large-Scale Comparative “Omics” To Identify Novel Drug Resistance Mechanisms in Aspergillus fumigatus
- Natalia Garcia Martin – Immune profiling and clonal evolution in colorectal cancer
- Anna Gavrilova – Intracellular transport in C. elegans
- Fayyaz ul Amir Minhas – Integrating multimodal data in computational biology and pathology
- William Morgans – Joint NMF for dimensionality reduction of single cell multiomics data
- Caren Han – Interpretable Medical Decision Support Framework with Multi-modalities
- Michael Haley – Spatial analysis of Hyperion imaging mass cytometry